Times Table Challenge
We have introduced a new school ‘Times Tables Challenge’ award system to encourage the children to learn their times tables.
The National Curriculum 2014 states that: ‘By the end of year 4, pupils should have memorised their multiplication tables up to and including the 12 multiplication table.’
The children need to learn their tables (multiplication and division facts and missing digit questions) to achieve the following award
- Merit – Counting in 2’s and 10’s (forwards and backwards)
- Bronze – 2, 5 and 10 times tables
- Silver – 3, 4, and 8 times tables
- Gold – 6, 7, 9, 11 and 12 times tables
- Platinum – all tables mixed
- Titanium – 100 mixed questions (very challenging, have a go!)
To achieve the awards the children will complete a weekly 3 minute timed test and answer all of the questions correctly on three separate occasions.
Try it!!! Can you do it? You can practise as many times as you like by following the links below.
Further resources to try at home –
REMEMBER PRACTISE MAKES PERFECT!