Admissions for September 2021
Closing Date for Reception applications is 15 January 2021 and the National offer date is 16 April 2021.
Please see below our schools admission arrangements.
When to apply for a nursery place;- If places are available children are eligible to be admitted the term after their third birthday and are admitted in criteria and date of birth order.
How to apply for a nursery place;- You need to apply directly through school. Please download the Application form ;-
- 1 September and 31 December – is eligible from the start of the Spring Term in January
- 1 January and 31 March – is eligible from the start of the Summer Term in April
- 1 April and 31 August – is eligible from the start of the Autumn Term in September
Nursery Place Offer:
- any letters/offers we send will be in relation to a September start only
- once you have secured your September place, the school will contact you direct to offer any January or April starts
- if an early place is not available the Families Information Service can also provide you with details of other registered providers
Reception Place;- Attendance at a school nursery does not normally give you a place (please see the admission policy for individual schools). There is no automatic right of admission into a reception class and all parents must apply for the school they wish to attend.
Canon Popham C of E Primary Academy Admissions Policy;- Policy – Admissions Sept 21
Additional Information form;- Additional Information Form
How to appeal
Appeal forms are not available online and should be requested as per the instructions on your decision letter i.e. all appeals should be made in writing by completing the appropriate form provided by the Admissions Team.
To request an appeal form for a Doncaster school email email@example.com with the following:
- Childs Name
- Childs Date of Birth
- School you wish to appeal for
The documents will be emailed to you for you to complete and email back to us or they can be printed and returned to the address indicated on the form.
Alternatively, please leave the above details along with your home address on the voicemail service – 01302 737274 and the documents will be sent to you.
Timescale of your appeal
The new regulations provide more flexibility for admission authorities to set new or revised deadlines for submitting an appeal.
Our amendments to deadlines will ensure that appellants will be given:
- at least 28 calendar days written notice of a new appeal deadline
- at least 14 calendar days written notice of an appeal hearing (although appellants can waive their right to this)
All deadlines for the hearing of appeals must be as soon as reasonably practicable.
Decision letters should be sent within 7 calendar days of the hearing, wherever possible.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions, changes have been made to the way admission authorities carry out admission appeals. New regulatory changes came into force on 24 April 2020 and will remain in force until 30 September 2021.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss Admissions contact:
tel: 01302 737205