A “Royal Wedding”
On Friday 18th May, the Nursery & Reception classes staged their very own “Royal Wedding” with the support of the whole community.
Radio Sheffield came in to talk to the pupils and staff which was broadcast on their Breakfast show – a clip can be found on their Twitter page here. (Please note that Canon Popham is not responsible for the content of external sites).
Look North came to film the celebrations, and we hope to have the footage on this site shortly.
All of this would not have been possible without the support of parents and families as well as the wider community. In particular, the Foundation team would like to thank:
- Rev Steve Beck– writing the order of service, writing vows for the children, delivering the service
- Parent helpers – preparing food, providing resources
- Parents’ for providing beautiful outfits for their child to wear
- Chantal’s Perfect Day Florist (Edenthorpe) – bride’s bouquet & groom’s button hole
- Nursery Grandparents – provision of a wedding car
- Nursery Grandma – making posies of flowers for bridesmaids
- Mrs Ali – provision of the wedding cake
- Ivy Cottage – dressing the hall & providing a sweet cart
- Sainsbury’s – donating juice
- Church warden – provision of the music in church
- Mrs Brunyee – organising the decorations, and laying the tables with food.
- Mr Hall – hanging as much bunting as he possibly could.
- Mrs Hall – decorating buns and scones with the children
- Year 1 & Year 2 – waving & cheering the wedding party
and finally to Mrs Navas for allowing her staff to make their ideas become a reality.